Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite.
Below are the steps to configure outlook correctly.
1. Open Outlook
2. Select Tools –> Accounts (You will get window that consists of options for adding and removing accounts)
3. Select Add–> Mail. (You will get a window which asks your Display Name. This is the name that appears in the From field of the messages you are sending)
4. Click Next
5. Enter the Email address for which you want to configure the mail client.
6. Click Next (You will directed to a window. Enter the following details)
Select My incoming mail server is : POP3 Incoming mail server : Outgoing mail server :
7. Click Next (You will get a window that will ask for Internet Mail Logon details)
Account Name: (Enter the email id for which you want to configure the email client) Password :
8. Click Next
9. Click Finish
10. Now click on the Properties Button. (Tool–>Accounts–>Properties)
11. Select the Advanced tab. Make sure that the port number for smtp server is 25 and pop server is 110.
12. Kindly make sure to check the radio button ‘Leave a copy of messages on server’, if you wish to leave a copy of your mail at the server also.
13. Select the Servers tab. Tick on the “My server requires authentication” check box.
You can read more from here.
If you face any issues, open a ticket via your client zone.